9.13.2011

earth to me...

Geez Louise... where in the world have I been??

I guess I’ve been gone awhile. So much has happened since my last post!
We took a family vacation to Sea World, the husband started back to school, Parenthood starts TONIGHT, I’m about to go to my next photography workshop this weekend!.... How am I going to cover all of this? Hmmm...

...I think I will close with a note to my sweet Duckie...


I know this sounds totally cliche but I cannot believe what a BIG GIRL you are!
You are constantly doing saying something new and I am constantly in awe of the natural gifts God has blessed you with. Daddy and I love to talk about all the amazing things you say and do. One of our favorite things is looking back at videos from a year ago and realizing how much you’ve changed.

You talk in complete sentences now. Even if the words are a little mixed up, you can hear something once and repeat it over and over. I love listening for what you will say next!
Playing with letters and spelling words is something you get really excited about.
Watching Word World and Super Why has you spelling too!
The first word I heard you spell was “b-o-x ... box!”
Next was “r-o-c-k-e-t ... rocket!”
This week, you said, “t-r-u-c-k ... truck!” And tonight you said, “h-o-u-s-e ... house!”
I know you know others like car and pig too but I haven’t seen you spell them out with your letters yet. 

You’re saying so many more things clearly now but there’s a few that are still perfectly imperfect:
Your cousin “Kim-bee” is now “Kim-buh-wee” - I gotta admit, I sorta like you saying it wrong.
op-ah-tus ... octopus
es-keh-woo kiss-eh ... eskimo kisses
poo-nahs ... pumas

Some of your recent hilarious expressions are:
That’s what I’m talkin’ about!
High fi! ... Up high! ... Down low! ... Ah-sye! ... Too slow!
Look Mommy! I uh kay-ga-woo!

You love pinning your blankie around your neck and running around the house calling yourself “Soopa Ava!” and then you get me and Daddy in the mix and we become the Supers! “Soopa Mommy and Soopa Daddy! ... to the rescue!” This routine can literally take 30 minutes alone. :)

You are a precious little angel. Our remarkable gift from God.
Your life is a daily reminder of how much God has done in our lives and how much He loves.
We are blessed to have you as our daughter.

I love you more every single day.
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment