12.06.2010

Great start to a Monday morning!

Heard a great message while driving to work this morning called "What God thinks about when He thinks about you." Loved how Andy Stanley asked us to think, "Is it possible that maybe when God thinks about us, He feels compassion?" Sometimes, even we as Christians, are so quick to assume that God thinks of us the way we view ourselves. If we've had a good day, then we think He looks at us and smiles. If we've had a "not so great" day, we think He is mad at us. I'm not sure about you, but I know I've had this thought more frequently than I'd like to admit. But here's the great thing. God loves us every day, no matter what. What an awesome concept, huh? Like the story of The Prodigal Son, He doesn't care how far we've strayed, He'll be anxiously awaiting our arrival home and rejoice upon our return. I am humbled and thankful beyond measure to know that my God forgives, loves and cherishes me. How can I honor Him today?

Also, at church yesterday, I heard an equally as moving message that I needed so much. I had been struggling with some personal issues and was literally asking God to soften my heart and find a way for me to let go of the bitter thoughts that were running through my brain. He spoke through our pastor and made His presence known. What an answer to prayer. Love how He remains faithful and can let us know He hears our heart, even the smallest of request!

Check out this verse that brought me some encouragement when I was down...

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
James 1:12.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of verses, check this out for weekly inspiration coming at you in 2011!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh7zmfU007C0Mhyphenhyphen5503x4sSr2W-ECKvSFN8VsZfVTGoZEXOwqK4TLbMLUF4Ibwe1Kiy4ZkAd09FLP4HUn2DGWQnZTVb09FtaWwEhKKAzxYBgqMUcvOX4zghNTxSqSJmpKUmwYiza0d0cag/s1600/VOTW_outlined.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment