1.24.2011

A day in my life...

So, this morning started out tough. Duckie developed a mean case of diaper rash yesterday (OUCH!) which always makes changing time a bear. She was fussy because her mean mommy (me) insisted on covering her ouchies with a THICK layer of buttpaste. The rest of our morning "get ready' ritual was a struggle and she would crawl around saying "NO!" when I asked her to do something... EEEK! This is very rare for her - even in her so-called 'terrible' twos, she is just not a difficult baby. Needless to say, I'm still somewhat shocked when she acts even remotely sassy.

Anyway, she eventually gets dressed and then I hear her happily saying "Lesssss go!! .... Ba-byeeee!! .... Lesssss go!! .... Ba-byeeeeee!!" 

I looked around the corner and saw this...


"Yeah, that's a pair of pantieson my head, what's it to ya?" :)
It's actually a diaper-cover-upper-thingy that goes under my dress... that I'm not even wearing...


Mommy, weren't we just in a hurry??...


"What up homey?!"

Needless to say, this precious face and this special "hat" (as Duckie affectionately called it) was enough to make the pre-work-get-out-of-the-house-crazy-rush stress fade away!!!!

Love you Duckie!!
Thanks for bringing me back to reality today.

1 comment: